Old 02-01-2010, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Erecting a greenhouse

"Paul Simonite" wrote in message
Thanks to the advice gang. I had originally planned to dig the
fou8ndation as per Janet's advice but was dithering becuse the supplier
was suggesting that four blocks should hold teh frame. I told them that
I lived in the far north of Scotland but I don't think they appreciate
fully the implications of that.

A continuous foundation it shall be.

--
Compo in Caithness

Just a little bit of advice if I may.

Make sure it is dead level and also make sure it is square. Are you familiar
with the 3 - 4 - 5 measurement to ensure a
square? Or, use the square corner of a sheet of hardboard/ply/blockboard
etc. And fix it down

Been there. Done that. Greenhouse still standing square and proud :-))

Bottom of the country, Isle of Wight. We get the winds as well ;-)

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk