Old 02-01-2010, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Pat is offline

Default Planting Potatoes

The other night we were watching a BBC series called "Foyle's War",
which takes place in England during WWII. In one scene, they were on a
farm where people were planting potatoes. They had plowed the field
with a newly acquired tractor into long, parallel ridges, about 2 feet
high and 3 feet apart, and were planting the seed potatoes along the
tops of the ridges. I guess the plan was that the plants would put
down roots into the ridges and produce tubers down there.

If I had a wet field I might do it this way.