Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default John Cushnie dies

Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
Rusty Hinge wrote:
Wot ho, Anne.

Report on progress - the hop had enough cones last year to make
about a bottle of beer.

High hopes for this year innit.

Good news, that she survived the trip south. Let me know when
you get a good brew going, and I'll be down for a sample! ;-)

I might even bring some of "Scotland's Finest" with me...

Haggis?

Got any seeds?

(Nearly finished a bottle of Big Peat and not got a lot of Linkwood left...)

Also nearly finished making a kilt belt from a strip of stout leather
(3½" wide) and the brasswork from a turnip^h^h^h^baldric made to be worn
on one occasion only by an ossifer during Queen Victoria's visit to a
small private regiment in Bredalbane. I bought the buckle, slider-loop
and finial in Killin in 1960. Might just wear it (and the rest!) should
you do so.

You might have to make do with Douglas, the Buchanan flappything isn't
afforded yet innit, ye ken.

There might even be bananas by the time hops are picked, (t)oasted, used
as flavouring and then brewed and matured.

--
Rusty