Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default early snowdrops

I think I've asked about this before, but not got a solution.
A house near me has some very early snowdrops, which are already 2 - 3
inches high with buds showing white. They cheered my heart this
morning. There's no sign of my snowdrops yet.
These have quite wide leaves, certainly wider than galanthus nivalis.
I asked the house owner once, but he'd "inherited" them when he bought
the house and did not know the variety. I'd like to be brave enough
to ask if he thinks they need thinning!
Can anyone suggest an identification?

Pam in Bristol