Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default early snowdrops

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:30:48 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

A house near me has some very early snowdrops, which are already 2 - 3
inches high with buds showing white. They cheered my heart this
morning. There's no sign of my snowdrops yet.

Some of ours where just poking up before the snow came on the 14th
Dec. Don't know their current status, they are under at least 3' of
snow...

http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/

Feb last year but the stuff that arrived and drifted this afternoon
is deep than those images. In the third one down with the thin rail
fence the current snow is up to the bottom rail and the bank pushed
up by the plough well above (18" above) that level.

Earlier today before todays snow fall and drifting:

http://www.howhill.com/weather/view....2010&m=01&d=02

--
Cheers
Dave.