Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Planting Potatoes

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Suzanne D." wrote:

Now, if someone can tell me how to grow carrots
aboveground, I'd be very appreciative!

Not exactly aboveground, but this worked well for me with some pretty big
Daikons:

Make a couple of passes down the future row with the rototiller so the
soil
is nice and soft;

BZZZT! Thanks, but our soil is heavy clay, and rototilling it just compacts
it more. I never had "nice and soft" soil when I tilled it; it was only
after I stopped tilling and started to build my own soil with organic stuff
did it finally become plantable. I did try carrots in it back when it was
only clay, and they looked like little radishes!
--S.