Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default care and feeding of cows

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

You could try the library or online ask in the misc.rural newsgroup
but be cautious there. If Pete Heubner from NZ answers you, he's
reliable as are a few of the Americans but excercise caution as some
of the Yanks are quite clueless.

A strange place. It seems given over to politics and culture wars, salted
with long running vendettas where nobody recalls how it started. I wonder
if those matters accurately reflect the preoccupations of rural USA ,or
anywhere, or is it just an artifact of usenet.

:-)) These days it's like much of usenet and not a patch on its former
self. I think that those of us who post/read that ng and who I know do live
'rurally' have long exhausted the rural topics. These days it is indeed
quite a strange place, but it's worth asking the question anyway. There are
still readers there whose advice I'd take note of. There are also some
appalling idiots, but that's usenet.