Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Greenhouse heating question

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:48:05 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

In another newsgroup, there's a discussion about heating a greenhouse.
Electric heaters were mentioned. Also kerosene, but comments were made
about fumes and stickiness. Someone recommended a plain propane barbecue.
It was stated that the CO2 would be good for the plants. I was wondering
about the CO produced, and what the levels would be.

What is the best/worst ways to do supplemental heat in a greenhouse?

Steve

What does "best" mean? I tend to think energy effeciency for a
greenhouse, using sunlight and compost to heat the space. Have you
ever seen hot steam coming off a compost pile in the middle of winter?