Old 03-01-2010, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default What a grey day...

In message , Sacha writes
On 2010-01-03 12:52:03 +0000, "David WE Roberts" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
and it really is, too - nothing but grey as far as I can see. The
whole landscape is very bleak but various birds are popping around here
and there which cheers things up a bit. We had thought of going out
for lunch today but when Ray rang his daughter to suggest it, she said
she didn't think she or we would get through the lanes - sheet ice
everywhere. It was the same yesterday for a large part of the day, so
it looks like another afternoon in front of the fire and the telly.
Tsk! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Mainly lovely here in sunny Felixstowe :-)
Every half hour or so a cloud passes over and dumps snow or hail, but
then it clears again.
Generally white around except where the sunshine has cleared patches.
Last time I looked the outside temperature was still below 2C.
Waiting for transport to arrive before we go out for a walk.
Cheers
Dave R

You rotten lot! ;-)) Obviously, Landscove has been singled out for
'the treatment' today! Ah well, we had our glory when others were
being snowed and rained upon.

If it makes you feel better Sacha, we had a severe frost first thing
this morning.

Oh, I don't want anyone else to suffer, honest! It's clearing a little
to the west now, so we have hopes of tomorrow being a bit more
cheerful. Ray has just watched the weather forecast and says they're
giving out -16C for the Highlands tonight. That makes our weather look
positively balmy. I don't mind the cold if it's dry but I do hate that
grey ceiling that sits just over our heads.