Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What a grey day...

"Sacha" wrote...
and it really is, too - nothing but grey as far as I can see. The whole
landscape is very bleak but various birds are popping around here and
there which cheers things up a bit. We had thought of going out for lunch
today but when Ray rang his daughter to suggest it, she said she didn't
think she or we would get through the lanes - sheet ice everywhere. It
was the same yesterday for a large part of the day, so it looks like
another afternoon in front of the fire and the telly. Tsk! ;-)

Beautiful sunshine here today, actually for the past few days. One black
cloud today just made it's way over but nothing came of it.
Cold though picking the sprouts for dinner, but at least they weren't frozen
on the stalk this time. Everything is still frozen where the sun hasn't been
and the remaining puddles at the sides of the roads are frozen solid too.
The roads have really suffered this time here (Surrey), virtually all have
sections breaking up and large potholes everywhere, beside all the drains
that have dropped or subsided.
The Gov't don't want people driving 4x4s, if they don't improve the roads
and spend serious money totally resurfacing them, we will all find them a
necessity just to get around.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden