Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default What a grey day...

Sacha - wrote:
-
....*Ray has just watched the weather forecast and says they're
giving out -16C for the Highlands tonight. *That makes our weather look
positively balmy. *I don't mind the cold if it's dry but I do hate that
grey ceiling that sits just over our heads.

That 'grey ceiling' kept any frost away last night (here anyway) and
by the time the forecasters on BBC 'Breakfast' were quoting a max of
3C for the South West, it had already exceeded that. We had a bit of
very light drizzle around 10.30 am, but since then we've had broken
cloud. I'll be very happy for thick cloud cover over night - it keeps
the freezing temperatures away, so no scraping ice off the windscreen
first thing in the morning.