Old 03-01-2010, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Snow :-)

Muddymike writes

"K" wrote in message
This afternoon when we walked around the garden, there were
green tracks across the lawn, and just patches of snow and ice
here and there. Now we have a complete cover of snow again :-)
--
Kay (outskirts of Leeds)

Here in Leyburn the lawn has not been seen since the week before
Christmas. A particularly heavy snow fall yesterday between 3 and
4 pm has covered the trees again and caused chaos in town.

See http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10672
for the view from my window.

That could have been us before Christmas ;-)

Our snow started on, I think, 16th December, rapidly got up to 6 inches
thick, then started melting very slowly on Christmas Eve. We're now back
to complete cover, but only about half an inch thick except where
there's still ice underneath. Still good enough for the sledges to be
out in force on the park opposite

Lots of cat footprints on the pond.
--
Kay