Old 03-01-2010, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What a grey day...

"K" wrote ...
Bob Hobden writes
The Gov't don't want people driving 4x4s, if they don't improve the roads
and spend serious money totally resurfacing them, we will all find them a
necessity just to get around.

The Gov't are directly responsible only for the motorways and a few trunk
roads. All the rest are the responsibility of the local authorities.

If this thieving Govn't didn't divert the money that our Councils here are
supposed to get from the Tax Revenue then we might have the money to do
something about our roads. The situation here is so bad now that only
central government money will change the situation, virtually ever road in
Surrey needs complete resurfacing including ones that have only been
resurfaced in the last two years like Ashford (Middx) main road! The main
A30 between Staines and Bedfont is like a third world road.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden