Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug[_2_] Doug[_2_] is offline

Default Veggie platter sweet pepper variety?

On Jan 3, 9:09*am, enigma wrote:
Doug wrote
om:

On Dec 30 2009, 3:33*pm, Pavel314 wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:

Hi. Can anybody give me a variety name for the mini sweet
yellow and red peppers that the supermarkets have in their
veggie platters? I bought a bag at Costco today and I thought
I would grow some next summer. I haven't found anything that
looks like it online or in my catalogs. I just noticed the
bag says "Babylicious"TM in fine print. I'll have to Google
that and see what I find.

*i've seen them called Baby Belle
this place has seed for red, yellow & chocolate baby bell:http://www.seedman.com/baby.htm

reimers has red only:http://www.reimerseeds.com/bell-sweet-peppers_1336.aspx

renee's garden has a pkt with red & yellow mixed:http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/seeds-hm/vegO.htm#pep

hope that helps. it looks like they'd do well in northern short
season gardens, or at least better than regular bells.

lee

Lee,
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised none of the major seed sources
carry them.

Doug