Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default What a grey day...

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
and it really is, too - nothing but grey as far as I can see. The whole
landscape is very bleak but various birds are popping around here and
there which cheers things up a bit. We had thought of going out for
lunch today but when Ray rang his daughter to suggest it, she said she
didn't think she or we would get through the lanes - sheet ice
everywhere. It was the same yesterday for a large part of the day, so
it looks like another afternoon in front of the fire and the telly. Tsk!
;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Mainly lovely here in sunny Felixstowe :-)

Every half hour or so a cloud passes over and dumps snow or hail, but then
it clears again.
Generally white around except where the sunshine has cleared patches.

Last time I looked the outside temperature was still below 2C.

Waiting for transport to arrive before we go out for a walk.

Went up to Sunbury to Captains Wood and had a wonderful snowy walk.
I can't remember the last time I walked in snow through the woods :-)

There is a herd of roe deer (about 50) and a few muntjack - they stand out
against the snow.
We also saw a barn owl hunting through the trees.
Plenty of pheasants seen (and heard).

The snow here is really wierd - it seems to be laid down in strips by
passing clouds, and some places are clear and others are white.
There is snow in Felixstowe and the current tremperature is allegedly -2.3C
The roads are like skating rinks, but the paths are deliciously crunchy.
Depending on what happens overnight Monday morning is going to be glorious
and/or chaos.

I wouldn't want to be a plant in this weather!

Cheers

Dave R