Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default What a grey day...

On 2010-01-04 08:45:48 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Dave Hill" wrote
Lovely sunny day here in South Wales, Temp with us went up to 43f, got
the tubers packed for the RHS trails, a couple of days late, but with
the snow and everything...........
We have had a colony of long tailed tits here now for the last 5 or 6
years, at times when I go out to the field they follow me along the
hedge calling away all the time, then they follow me back and stop at
the feeders, I love the way you can get to within about 6 ft of them
when they are feeding, if you go slowly
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/Feeder.jpg

We have one of those squirrel proof feeders , actually bought to stop the
pigeons, but the small birds won't go near it. In a year I think I've
seen two birds feeding.

Well, we've got the sun back today - hope we haven't stolen it from
anyone else! The birds are dashin around like mad thiings and life is
all but back to normal. The 'but' bit is the vast amount of Christmas
decorations still to carry out to the shed and the rubbish still waiting
to go! This morning we've had quite a sharp frost, though I can't tell
you the temp but there's a lot of white lying around on lawns and flower
beds.
--
Sacha

Not pinching it from us. ('Us' being the Isle of Wight) Wall to wall
sunshine again, just as we have had over the last few days :-))

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk