Old 04-01-2010, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default early snowdrops

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:46:58 -0000, "Spider"
wrote:

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:30:48 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

Can anyone suggest an identification?

Can't help there - sorry.

But at the side of a nearby country lane we see very early snowdrops each
year :-

www.hughjampton.110mb.com/snowdrops.jpg

Photo taken on 10th December this year.

Obviously not normal snowdrops - perhaps planted by someone ? Just one
clump of them - no more.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Lovely picture, Hugh. They may very well be Elwesii types. I know there
are other broad leaf snowdrops but I can't imagine anyone planting really
special (aka 'expensive') snowdrops in a common verge.

Spider

Thanks Hugh. I agree,a really lovely photo. When the ones near me
are out, I'll take a photo and compare. I don't think they can be
expensive ones, as there is a long border of them around a front lawn,
with rose bushes between.
I've just seen that your photo was taken on 10 Dec last, do I read
right? Are they VERY sheltered. i've never seen snowdrops so early.

Pam in Bristol