Old 04-01-2010, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Sauve quit peut!

On 2010-01-03 22:28:05 +0000, "David WE Roberts"
said:

Just looked at the 5 day forecast and brought the pot with the lemon
tree into the dining room inside the patio door.
It can keep the zonal perlagonia company.
It has lived outside for the last 3-4 years but this weather is
extreme.
It is still looking O.K. so far but the newish growth at the tips of
the branches is starting to wilt.

Next problem will be when to return it to the wild.

Cheers

Dave R

When the danger of frost is past! As long as it doesn't get too hot or
you don't water it too much - which you won't - it will be fine.

Too hot might be an issue - the patio door is south facing - but I have
limited frost free storage space at the moment.

I know it's a faff but put it out on sunny days and bring it back in at
night and on cold, gloomy days!

Hmmm....even when the sunny day is still sub-zero?
Arctic conditions here at the moment.