Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default John Cushnie dies

Gopher wrote:

Anna, with strong Islay connections I can only endorse your
Bunnahabhain, Bruichladdich and Ardbeg selection - although I note the
absence of several other single malts from that glorious island.
Notwithstanding - bliadhna mhath ur!!

Be very careful with your typos!

My Big Peat (alas a deid-yin noo) was a blend of malts (vatting,
Sirley?) distilled in/at Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Bowmore and Port Ellen.

Taken t its bottled strength of 46% you are immediately hit by the
phenols, especially those of Ardbeg.

Add a touch of (proper) water, and the flavour is predominantly of Caol Ila.

I take it without water beause of this...

Slàinte.

--
Rusty