Old 06-01-2010, 06:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Veggie platter sweet pepper variety?

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Doug wrote in
.
com:

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised none of the major seed
sources
carry them.

well, Renee's Garden is one of my major seed sources
i'm going to try the three baby bells from seedman.com. i haven't
dealt with them before, but i do like the small bells (i got some at
Wegmans or Price Chopper last summer) & if they ripen in 55 days,
they should do fine in my area... assuming it's a wee bit warmer than
last summer. if not, i'm hoop housing the tomatoes & peppers, and
pumpkins... my heirloom maters didn't even start blooming until
nearly September, & it was a race with frost to see if i'd get any (i
did, but only a dozen or so).

You're preaching to the choir, sister. preaching to the choir. By
mid-Fall, my tomato vines were ready to rock, but the heat went away.
Nuts!

my son had some odd tomato plant he took out of the tortoise cage &
put in a pot last February. that went outside in June & had ripe
tomatoes in July, but they weren't spectacular... i don't remember
what type of hothouse tomatoes i fed the tortoises, so i can't even
guess what it was.
lee

--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm