Old 06-01-2010, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Colder and colder

"Bob Hobden" wrote ...

"Sacha" wrote It went to -6C here last night and it even snowed this
morning. We had
the most wonderful fluorescent orange sunrise this morning - I thought
someone was training a brilliantly coloured lamp on the corner of one of
the greenhouses. The sun came out for a brief while and now it's
clouding over rapidly. I must admit that I'm sneakily hoping for just a
bit more snow!

The forecast here for tonight is for a thick blanket of snow with drifts,
it's certainly snowing already but we will have to wait 'till tomorrow to
see if they got it right. Hope not, I have to drive somewhere first thing,
might have to get the 90 (Defender) out. Mind you, not much good if there
are cars abandoned everywhere.

Seems to have almost stopped now, think I'll take a walk up to the main road
before I decide about driving and which to use, car (RWD) or 4x4. Our
Council are not known for their gritting expertise!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden