Old 18-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Sacha

Default Throwing out baby ...

in article , William Tasso at
wrote on 18/4/03 7:49 am:

I wonder is there any reason one shouldn't use bath/shower waste water on
the garden?

Obviously the output from washing machines, dishwashers etc. is a fairly
good path cleaner, but I wonder if any of the preparations, mixes and other
paraphernalia found in modern bathrooms is harmful to gardens.

In the drought of 1976 people were positively encouraged to do this and many
a bathroom had a hosepipe wriggling out of its window. To a lot of people's
surprise, the soap in the waste water did wonders for getting rid of
greenfly!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk