Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Year's Resolutions

In article ,
Spider wrote:

Giggling seems to be all they're good for! Just as well my giggle muscles
need exercising :~).

Quite.

So, were you a weather forecaster or something, Nick?

Not really. But I was/am a mathematician with a wide but shallow
knowledge of a lot of scientific areas, and am a numerical and
algorithmic 'expert'.

The serious meteorologists reckon that they can do fairly reliable
short-term weather forecasting and long-term climatic forecasting,
but don't have a lot of truck with any weather forecasting above
about a week for the UK. It's only one step removed from voodoo.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.