Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default my fantasy garden.....

On 2010-01-06 22:51:49 +0000, "Gill Smith"

On 2010-01-06 13:02:24 +0000, "Gill Smith"
said:

I have not the time, inclination or capacity to indulge it now

but I once had the idea of a close-cropped bowling-green type lawn

containing a pattern/picture/2-dimensional maze or whatever, created
by sowing two strains of grass (i.e. one darker than the other)

The man who cuts our grass sometimes cuts patterns into it just by going
in different directions. One of his best is that of a rising sun with the
rays spreading out from it. I have also seen somewhere on the web a site
that shows a man who created the most gorgeous patterns in early morning
dew on the grass. I can't find it now but it took so much time and
dedication and then was gone when the sun was up.

ah well, there's always 'crop circles'!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com