Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Olive seeds (stones)

David WE Roberts wrote:

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Donwill wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy some seeds in UK ?

I'll send you some from my olive tree - send address - just remove the
foobar.

Never thought of planting olives to grow new trees!
I'm still trying to get enough to fill a small plastic tub so we can eat
them.

Do they have to ripen to a black colour?

No, but they have to be treated before they become palatable. This I'm
looking into.

Are there any special conditions for germination?

No Idea - never tried.

Have you managed to get any to germinate?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier reply.

--
Rusty