Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Mowing

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:33:44 -0000, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

"pied piper" wrote in message

"®óñ© © ²°¹°" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:19:31 -0800 (PST), Rod
wrote:

Didn't I hear somebody talking about getting the mower out a few days
ago ????????? ;~}

Miss, Miss, please Miss!

On 3/1 I wrotted

Our next door neighbor is cutting his lawn !

I've done that in the past. If you've let the grass get a bit too
long, it's good to cut when the ground is frosted. You don't churn
the undersoil into a soggy mess and does the grass no harm in my
opinion.

cutting grass during frost damages the plant

Mr Picky says "Of course it damages the plant - you are cutting it!"

Does it damage a lawn more than cutting it when it is soggy and wet?

I think you do more damage to the lawn structure and the grass by
churning it up in wet soggy conditions. A quick flymo over a hard
lawn tidies it up a treat in my experience.

--