Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mowing

In article ,
®óñ© © ²°¹° wrote:

cutting grass during frost damages the plant

Mr Picky says "Of course it damages the plant - you are cutting it!"

Does it damage a lawn more than cutting it when it is soggy and wet?

I think you do more damage to the lawn structure and the grass by
churning it up in wet soggy conditions. A quick flymo over a hard
lawn tidies it up a treat in my experience.

Treading on frozen grass breaks the cells and kills the stems; you
can often see footprints over a lawn for many weeks after a thaw.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.