Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Fight! Fight! Fight!

On 7 Jan, 11:36, wrote:
In article ,

K wrote:
Sacha writes
And I think we were let off hockey on the grounds that they couldn't
find the pitch!

I can't think of any other reason why they'd let you off hockey in those
days! I can remember many miserable lessons shivering in shorts and
t-shirt with just a thin pullover, while the games mistress was bounding
around happily in trousers, duvet coat, hat and gloves.

In my school, they merely instructed us to draw lines in the snow
before playing. *I have been forced to play cricket when the pitch
was partly under water.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I should think 2 reasons for calling off a hocky match in those days
would have been
1. The balls we used in those days were white so wouldnt show in the
snow and
2.White balls going into the snow would be hard to find.
David Hill