Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Mushrooms Anyone?

"Pavel314" wrote in message
Does anyone here grow mushrooms? It's sort of like gardening. I
planted a bed of giant morels out near the vineyard last year and hope
for a crop this spring. I also have a small pan in my basement
greyhouse (as opposed to my wife's greenhouse) but I've heard if's
very difficult to grow them inside.

I also put shitake spawn plugs into four segments of oak logs; they
started producing fruit in the last month or so.

Paul

I grow shiitake and oyster mushrooms and I've been picking wild mushrooms
for about 30 years. I know of a good many people who have tried the morel
kits and have failed, so best of luck to you.
Steve