Old 07-01-2010, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Help with turf ashes

Hello, and a very Happy New Year to all here!
While it is not quite as severe as what many of you in the UK seem to
be experiencing at the moment, we here are having the worst cold snap
in 30 years, with plenty icy roads and snow.
Which means we are having a lot more fires in the fireplace, which
means we have more ashes to dispose of. NOw, I know this question is
asked regularly about timber ashes, but what we burn in our fireplace
is turf, or turf briquettes (peat, to some of you).
Could I use this to mulch the garden, ornamental and veg patch (just
as soon as the snow and ice melt, whenever that is)?
HOping that not too many of you are snowbound or too severely affected
by the longest cold snap ever - which is surely a contradiction in
terms!
TIA
Caít()