Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Fight! Fight! Fight!

Sacha writes
On 2010-01-07 17:45:25 +0000, K said:

I don't think ours was heated - not sure but pretty sure. We just had
to wait for the dread day to arrive...

Our school pool wasn't. We just swam in the summer term. I loved it - it
was the one physical activity I was reasonably good at. In later years I
managed to persuade them to let me do 'double swimming' instead of
'double games'.

I don't believe the Lygons went to my school - literally too close
to home, probably.

This was the previous generation - the Brideshead generation. Home
educated. The last Earl didn't have any children.

I don't know of them at all, not that there's any reason why I would.
We were very sequestered in our school days - nothing llike the freedom
and home clothes etc. that they have now.

The Countess was very involved in the Girl Guides Association, and let
the Guides hold their jamboree in the grounds, and run wild through the
maze. In return, we had to provide a group to sing carols from the
minstrel gallery for their Christmas dinner - very feudal ;-)
--
Kay