Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default We are what we eat I once read

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

http://cspinet.org/new/pdf/food_labe...aos_report.pdf

Great report Bill, and I wish the Center for Science in the Public
Interest luck, but these mass food producers spread money around just
like the insurance and pharmaceutical companies, and the AMA do. The
people who control the FDA have to run for office every 2 - 6 year$.
Nothing says winning like money in the bank. Yeah, I know, some people
are just too strange, even if they are rich, to win elections, not like
the rest of us ;O).

I'm glad to know that the wheels of government are turing, be it ever
soo slow. Let's just hope that they aren't all Kleptocrats.

Ferns are up, and the mustard is in bloom, here in Northern California.
The buds on our peach trees (2) are swelling. Funny, it feels cold
outside, and because of the tree line and our ivy covered fence, the
peach trees only get broken sunlight, through the trees in the morning.

Again, great report Bill, and I wish the Center for Science in the
Public Interest luck, but these mass food producers spread money around
just like the insurance and pharmaceutical companies, and the AMA. The
people who control the FDA have to run for office every 2 - 6 years.
Nothing says winning like money in the bank.
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm