Old 08-01-2010, 10:31 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Met office lies

Dead Paul wrote:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ge...green-agendas/
January 6th, 2010
Gerald Warner:

Wow! That Copenhagen package really worked. Global warming has been
dramatically reversed. In fact, if Al Gore could see his way to turning
the heat back up just a little, most of us would be deeply appreciative…

“Climate science” is the oxymoron of the century. There is not a city,
town or hamlet in the country that has had its weather conditions
correctly forecast, over periods as short as 12 hours, during the past
week. This is the “exceptionally mild winter” that the climate change
buffoons warned us would occur as a consequence of global warming. Their
credibility is 20 degrees below zero.

Another drooling right wing nut who cannot tell the difference between
weather and climate spouting off in the Torygraph. I guess the Telegraph
knows their target market of senile halfwits only too well.

The weather at the moment is roughly what we should have at this
latitude were it not for the warming influence of the Altantic and Gulf
Stream and our normal prevailing SW wind pattern.

Global warming means the *global* average gets higher. It does not mean
that everywhere gets slightly warmer by the same amount. We could very
well be losers. UK climate is abnormally warm for its high latitude.

Were it not for the UK maritime influence on climate Birmingham and
Manchester would expect to have weather like Edmonton in Canada which is
at a roughly similar latitude. And that is basically what we end up with
when the wind blows directly off the cold NE continental land mass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton

Most gardeners are already well aware of climate change, at least if
they keep records of when things come into flower.

Regards,
Martin Brown