Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
sandy58 sandy58 is offline

Default Met office lies

On Jan 8, 11:14*am, broadssailor wrote:
On 8 Jan, 09:08, Kim Bolton wrote:

abelard wrote:

i'm not greatly interested in 'weather'....

and it's running me into stuff like the amo
i've just put this by to read 'soon' :-
http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources...oceananddrough....

That relates to weather effects as the oscillation frequency is too
high for 30-year climate effects.

"Arctic Oscillation
Sometimes called the northern hemisphere annular mode, this is the
year-to-year variability pf weather patterns at high latitudes in the
northern hemisphere"

"The two phases of the Arctic Oscillation: Left– Warm Phase; Right–
Cold Phase. Notice that storms come ashore in Europe at different
latitudes in the two phases. This strongly influences European
weather, especially in winter. "

(Graph): The Pacific Decadal Oscillation is related to weather over
north America

"Positive PDO values are usually associated with wetter conditions in
the Southwestern United States, while negative PDO values
are suggestive of persistent drought in the Southwest."

The word 'climate' desn't appear 'til near the end, and then it's in
an oblique reference to something else.

here's my own background page on the dendroclimatology....
http://www.abelard.org/briefings/dendroclimatogy.php
but i'll just work to understand enough to be able to assess the
* * factor analysis...

One shudders to think what primary colours it might be written in.

--
from
Kim Bolton

Did anybody see this?http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/8443687.stm

"John Hirst, head of the Met Office, defends the record of the
weathermen after they predicted a mild winter.

Andrew Neil asked him to justify his salary which is higher than the
prime minister's."

Oh how he wriggles....

You can see how dry his throat was. :-)