Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Ste Ste is offline

Default Tainted milk: The chinese are at it again

On 8 Jan, 17:13, Vicko Zoomba wrote:
On 7 Jan, 11:37, "Iain" wrote:

"Ste" wrote in message

On 7 Jan, 10:34, "Iain" wrote:

"Dead Paul" wrote in message

[...]

Authorities in Shanghai have closed a dairy company and arrested three
executives, after milk products were found to contain high levels of the
toxic industrial chemical melamine.

[...]

In a similar incident last month, Chinese authorities also arrested
three
employees of the Shaanxi Jinqiao Diary Company for producing
melamine-tainted milk.

It's about time that we started to put responsibility on people for
various
corporate actions. Too many executives get away with too many things.

You're joking aren't you? They regularly put corporate executives to
death in China. All those responsible for the last round of milk-
nobbling got lethal injections or life with hard labour.

============

Is this the one you are referring to:
"At least six children died in 2008 after drinking contaminated baby formula
and more than 300,000 were sickened in one of the country's worst food
safety crises."http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01/07/world/AP-AS-China-Tainted-...

Anyway, I'm not advocating any specific sentence. *I am talking about
accountability and responsibility. *This is something which administrators
in the UK can get out of all too easily and seemingly too frequently with
financial reward.

Agreed. Remember the Potters Bar rail incident? Prescott stood up in
front of the cameras declaring there would be a full public enquiry
and all recommendations will be implemented. Bullshit. The head honcho
of Railtrack should have been shot at dawn in front of the victims
relatives.

Thrown in front of a train, surely?