Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sweet potato slips

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:
"MW" wrote ...

Might get a spot warmed up in advance, and see how we get on. Nothing
ventured, nothing gained. Maybe experiment with a big tub in the
greenhouse.

Care, when I mentioned "bindweed to take over the world" I was not joking,
unless you have a commercial sized one you won't be able to get in your
greenhouse if they take off.

I recommend Ipomoea indica (learii) for that. Plant it out as things
warm up against a warm fence, and panic your neighbours :-) Its blue
flowers are very attractive, and it won't overwinter in most of the UK.

In our conservatory, it grows many 30' stems in a year, but that's
only because our summer is short.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.