Old 11-01-2010, 01:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Cold!

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:45:21 EST, "JB" wrote:

Calling for the coldest weather in 24+ years in central Arkansas on Thursday
and Friday: single digits each night and below zero further north. Brrrrrr!
I've not had a pond in this type weather before. I'm thinking about placing
a large tarp over the pond for these two days to try and hold in some warmth
and keep things from freezing up. 3,000 gallon pond, tear drop shaped 12 X
20.

Hope you have more than a tarp, looks like the cold spell is holding. Air
bubbler may be needed. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us