Old 12-01-2010, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Can you feed birds on cat biscuits?

"K" wrote in message
The other day I saw a man buying 5 boxes of cat biscuits, which he said
were for feeding the birds.

I asked the BTO whether it was OK to feed birds on cat biscuits. The
response was that they couldn't find any research on the subject ;-) but
they felt that there was far more appropriate food for birds and they
wouldn't recommend it.

Just in case anyone was planning to feed their birds on cat biscuits
(well, if you can grit your paths with cat litter...)
--

Actually, cat biscuits are very high protein so in this cold weather I don't
think it would hurt if you soaked them first. I would not feed them dry in