Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Rough Rough!

In message
, Dave
Hill writes
On 12 Jan, 14:57, Rusty Hinge
On 2010-01-12 12:30:05 +0000, Dave Hill
said:

So much for the thaw.
Whilst the temp. is 35f here in costal South Wales, we had no frost
overnight but now the wind is blowing a gale, gusting to over 60mph
and the forcast is for Sleet or Snow for several hours starting in a
couple of hours.
I am spending a happy couple of hours browsing through catalogues
David Hill

Snow has gone from the garden and nursery, though I haven't tried the
lanes yet but will this afternoon. *Apparently, the week end is supposed
to get worse, so I just hope 'they' are wrong again!

Been flaking seriously in Bracing Bunwell Bottom.

Stopped now though, and thaw continues.

--
Rusty

Snow since 3pm though it's much smaller flakes now 2 to 3 inches of it
making it our heaviest fall of the winter , and it's not eorcast to
stop till around 6am.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...sdayNight2.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...esdayNight.jpg

David Hill
South Wales coast

Is it of the very wet variety that promises to be gone in 24 hours - or
is it of the more substantial, settling-in type?

--
Gopher .... I know my place!