Old 13-01-2010, 11:17 AM
britjap britjap is offline
Registered User

It's worth having a go - I hadn't read all the stuff about needing 20-30c, sandy soil etc so we grew 5 slips on heavy clay, open ground and no protection in the East Midlands (not exactly a warm spot). All five slips survived and we had usable potatoes from two of them, including a mammoth weighing nearly a pound. I would guess therefore that anyone giving a bit of protection and decent soil should get something out of it. Cheaper to buy in the shops, of course, but that's not anything like as much fun!