Old 13-01-2010, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Shitake Yield Questions

This is related to my mushroom post of a few days ago. I'm growing
shitake mushrooms in oak log segments which are roughly 18" in
diameter and 9" high. This is about 1.3 cubic feet of wood. That's a
lot of wood to be turned into mushrooms; how long should I expect it
to keep producing fruit? And about how many pounds or ounces will it
yield in total? I know the answers depend on a lot of variables, but I
was just curious as to round number estimates.

Thanks,

Paul