Old 13-01-2010, 12:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Hawks above the pond

Could you move the feeder closer to trees and still see it well?

Our feeders are about 6' from the kitchen window, under trees. They
get fed heavily.

The birds move all over the yard, especially liking the garden. The
bluebirds sit on the zip line. We do have hawks and the birds do
scatter when the hawks come over or call from a tree. They seem not
to be spooked into not coming to the yard by it, however.

I wonder if your birds will get uswed to the feeders and take the
risk. I suppose the more they do that, the more hawks will visit.

Jim