Old 13-01-2010, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Can you feed birds on cat biscuits?

"K" wrote in message
The other day I saw a man buying 5 boxes of cat biscuits, which he said
were for feeding the birds.

I asked the BTO whether it was OK to feed birds on cat biscuits. The
response was that they couldn't find any research on the subject ;-) but
they felt that there was far more appropriate food for birds and they
wouldn't recommend it.

Just in case anyone was planning to feed their birds on cat biscuits
(well, if you can grit your paths with cat litter...)
--
Kay

Well this robin likes cat food... it made regular visits, and this has gone
on for several years, so I have either a very long-lived robin visiting, or
it's learnt behaviour.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lessfood-1.jpg