Old 18-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Norma Briggs

Default Help on finding used push/reel mower

I finally bought one of those blower/vacs/mulchers to combat my leaf problem
(neighbors who never ever tend their yard, i.e. its been 3 years since they
even raked). It is possible to vacuum the back yard now...lol
You could try something like that to combat thatch.

btw: its a rental property next to me, so last week, while it was vacant I
got desperate and went and got rid of the leaves myself. It was self
preservation really, since I can spend every weekend, all weekend, 52 weeks
a year raking my yard because of their yard with 20 plus trees on it- lots
of leaves! I am so happy now...lol..first weekend in the last 2 years I have
not had to rake!

"Dave-tx" wrote in message
rg...
I've been thinking about getting one of these, but am somewhat
unsure if they're appropriate for my back yard - I've heard
that zoysia doesn't like thatch buildup, which I assume would
be an issue with a push reel mower.

Are there any zoysia owners who use reel mowers that can
comment?

-Dave

---