Old 14-01-2010, 01:14 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
"In Canada, maples are *never* pruned until after the Spring sap has stopped
flowing, late June at the earliest in this area. Is this the same for
Norway and other Acers in the UK?
That's not a problem with the kinds of maple that naturally grow in Britain, even though the sugar maple looks rather similar to the Norway maple. My neighbour has a Norway maple right on the property boundary, so close that the expansion of the trunk is knocking the fence over. It has suckers from the base that I hack away at whenever I feel like it, and it never weeps sap.