Old 14-01-2010, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
YvonneD YvonneD is offline

Default Should I remove leaf?

I have a new flower spike coming out under a large leaf. It will have
a long way to grow around the leaf before it can start growing
vertically. Should I remove the leaf? The plant has four leaves and
this is the biggest. All leaves are very healthy.

On another note - every orchid I've ever bought in a nursery always
has two flower spikes. With all of my plants and the many times they
have bloomed I have never had more than one per plant. How do they do
it?

Thanks