Old 14-01-2010, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default snowing again

On 14 Jan, 11:16, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message

from Dave Hill contains these words:

On 14 Jan, 08:28, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:

Snip

So did I Dave, born and brought up between Rye and Hastings. Lived there
until I finally left home, after college, at the age of 20.
Whereabouts were
you?

I can remember the snow of 1947 and again bad snow in 1958 or (1959?).
Probably before you time though.

In 1947 we were living in North wales and I remember walking along the
beach breaking the Ice.
Re Hastings, we lived on a lane that lead from the Ridge to Westfield
called Stonestile Lane.
I used to cycle to go fishing in Breed River.
Where about were you Jennifer?

Oddly enough Brede!

Often took the dogs for a walk along bank of Brede River
either by walking down Brede Hill to the bridge or down the farm
and onto the 'marsh'. For years Dad rented the oast house on the
corner the A28 and the lane to Doleham Halt (rhs just before the
final downhill bit to the bridge - coming from Westfield that is.)

I went to school at Baldslow so know the Ridge and Stonestile Lane.

Small world ...

Jennifer

Would that have been "St Margarets"?
David Hill