Old 14-01-2010, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Should I remove leaf?

YvonneD wrote:
I have a new flower spike coming out under a large leaf. It will have
a long way to grow around the leaf before it can start growing
vertically. Should I remove the leaf? The plant has four leaves and
this is the biggest. All leaves are very healthy.

On another note - every orchid I've ever bought in a nursery always
has two flower spikes. With all of my plants and the many times they
have bloomed I have never had more than one per plant. How do they do
it?

Thanks

No do not remove the leaf. Rotate the pot's orientation to the sun and
the inflorescence may grow towards the light.

K Barrett