Old 14-01-2010, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default snowing again

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 14 Jan, 14:52, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message

from Dave Hill contains these words:
big snip

On 14 Jan, 11:16, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
I went to school at Baldslow so know the Ridge and Stonestile Lane.

Small world ...
Would that have been "St Margarets"?

"St Mary's" (C of E Convent School) yes - almost opposite
Hydneye House School - boys school.

Googling to check the spelling of Hydneye I found this:-

http://www.hastingschoice.co.uk/HAST...re-Gallery.htm

... almost back on topic the pic of the school is in the snow!

BTW St Mary's is now converted into flats.

Jennifer

That takes me back over 50 years, we moved there August 2nd 1951, and
we actualy had a telephone then which wasn't a party line. our phone
number was Baldslow 138

Memories, but not in your area. I was in Cherry Willingham near Lincoln.
We were not so fortunate in that we had a party line - Reepham 424. This
was in the mid 60s!

Oh my! What memories indeed
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/