Old 15-01-2010, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Smith Gill Smith is offline

Default Elvis, The Gardening Years...............

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Gill Smith" wrote
were there any?

only from 'the other side'

otherwise this ng could join in the great 75 years memorial bash

maybe we still can: design an Elvis Bed

OK, guitar-shaped for sure......

Funny but I could never see, or hear, what the fuss was all about. Thought
his "singing" was boring, his gyrations pathetically childish even and it
hasn't improved with time.

Oh. I wouldn't agree there. He had a good voice although some of his
later stuff was dreadful.

I've grown to appreciate his later stuff more and more

so much so that, apart from that first song (something about "Train
Arri-ive")
I dislike almost all his 50's oeuvre - not least because you can trace a
direct link
between it and contemporary 'country'

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/